Here at the Peterberry household, we are still working to adjust to life with four kids. With two little berries who seem to need constant attention, and two older berries who always seem to have an activity to get to, I was on the lookout for some quick and easy family meals.
This meal took about 40 minutes from start to finish (maybe 50 if you count the times I stopped to attend to Tyler’s wants) and it was a hit with everyone!
I loved the baked apples… it was like dessert was included with this recipe. We served it with broccoli (which Tyler ate—hallelujah!).
This is a great fall recipe, especially if you are looking for a way to use up those apples you picked recently. I will definitely be making this again!
Baked Pork Chops and Apples
- 4 apples (I used Gala and Golden Delicious)
- Pork Chops (I used 4 but could see adding up to 6)
- 4T Brown Sugar
- 4T butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and chop apples into slices. Lay them in a single layer in a 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Place the pork chops on top of the apples. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon(1/2t), and nutmeg (1/2t). Pour over the pork chops.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Your house will smell like fall and your kids will love this recipe!